Low FODMAP Greek Inspired Rice Bowl
This low FODMAP recipe is another quick one to whip together. As a busy working mom with 3 very active and very hungry boys, I don’t have the time to make elaborate meals. However, they do have to taste good and appeal to a variety of little and big people at our dinner table. What I love about this meal is that it has so many different options to choose from! You can either use the exact ingredients listed below, or add a few of your own ideas. Each time I prepare it, everybody’s dish looks different depending on their tastes that day.
Greek Inspired Rice Bowl
- 3 cups of cooked rice or quinoa
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint or basil
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, well rinsed
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1.5 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 4 green onion tops, chopped
- 150 crumbled feta or cubed cheese
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 4 boiled eggs or left over chicken
- 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- Combine the olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Divide all of the ingredients between 4 bowls and drizzle with the dressing.
Enjoy for lunch or as a light dinner.